Form and Function Physical Therapy is a manual therapy based practice dedicated to helping patients move better and feel better. With one-on-one physical therapy at our equipped office with all the essential equipment for orthopedic based PT practice.
We provide the personalized treatment and unwavering commitment you need to unleash your potential and achieve your goals regarding:
- Ability: If injury or surgery has reduced your ability to walk, run, climb stairs, lift heavy items, participate in sports, work, and/or care for your family, we can help. Our treatments will be customized to your needs to help you perform your daily activities without pain or risk of injury.
- Performance: Let us analyze your movement patterns to their building blocks and rebuild them to get your body working with optimal efficiency. This will help enhance athletic performance while also safeguarding against injuries.
- Independence: With At Home PT program, we work with older adults to help them preserve and improve balance, flexibility, and endurance necessary to confidently navigate their daily environment. And to enable them to continue to live independently in the community.
Our Treatment Philosophy
We recognize that the human body is a complex, interconnected system. With the understanding that there are many moving parts in every motion or activity; injuries, pain, or limitations in one part of the body may not be treated in isolation per se; instead they get addressed effectively in the broader context of the whole body.
For example, knee pain can have less to do with the knee itself than with how other joints movement such as the foot, hip, and/or spine impact the knee during the painful movement. This means knee exercises alone may not necessarily be sufficient to correct a knee pain issue.
If you had an experience with physical therapy in the past where you were asked to simply perform sets of exercise repetitions that target only your presenting symptom, Form and Function Physical Therapy is different. As adherents of Applied Functional Science, we carefully asess the entire body from a few perspectives to identify all possible contributing factors to your symptoms before proceeding with treatment recommendations. This enables us to provide the correct treatment that restores an internal structural balance and addresses the symptoms.
In addition to functional exercises, we utilize the following clinically proven methods of manual therapy to deliver a painless return of function:
- Gentle Visceral Mobilization: A method of assessing and addressing how the organs (viscera) attach to the musculoskeletal systems in the body and how this affects movement.
- Neural Mobilization: A gentle hands-on treatment designed to locate and improve local nerve restrictions, allowing nerves to move freely and function optimally, which relieves pain and improves dysfunctional patterns for better movement.
- New Articular Approach: A comprehensive approach to treating joint problems that integrates all tissue components of a stiff joint. Meanwhile, we take into account the biomechanical relationship of the whole body to the problematic joint in order to produce a pain free optimal motion pattern.
Amir Hanna, owner of Form and Function Physical Therapy, is an experienced physical therapist who has been treating patients for over 25 years. He holds an Advanced Masters with honor in Orthopedic Physical Therapy and a Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Touro College in New York, as well as a certification in Applied Functional Science from the Gray Institute. He is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association, and The American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists.